Ky-Hien Do – Ju Jutsu, Judo, Aikibudo
Hien sensei had trained in his native Vietnam before coming under the tutelage of Masao Takahashi Sensei (8th Dan) in 1984. After leaving his war torn homeland for Ottawa, the young student attained Kodokan Ni-Dan (second degree judo black belt) at Takahashi’s before moving to Hawaii.
Hien Sensei has been teaching Aikibudo (Yoseikan Ajkido holding the rank of Shodan-1st degree black belt), Judo and Takahashi Ju Jutsu (Nidan – Second degree black belt) since 1998. He is the head instructor of the day classes throughout the week and is also available for private lessons. Now that Hien Sensei has settled down with family and a new daughter he hopes to be attending Sunday Family Classes soon.
OTTAWA MARTIAL ARTS & FITNESS CLASSES
Tina Takahashi Martial Arts & Fitness aims to provide the highest quality instruction not only for athletes that have high aspirations but also for beginners that may not hold Olympic type dreams. All levels of experience are most welcome with appropriate programs custom made to suit any fitness or skill level.
TINA TAKAHASHI'S HIGHLIGHTS
- CANADA’S 1ST GOLD MEDAL AT WORLD JUDO COMPETITION
- CANADA’S 1ST WOMEN’S OLYMPIC COACH
- CANADA’S SPORT FEDERATION CERTIFICATE OF RECOGNITION FOR PIONEERING WOMEN’S COMPETITIVE JUDO
- CANADA’S JUDO SPORTS HALL OF FAME, JUDO ONTARIO, OTTAWA AND NEPEAN SPORTS HALL OF FAME MEMBER
- CANADA’S JUDO INSTRUCTOR FOR PRIME MINISTER MULRONEY & PRIME MINISTER TRUDEAU’S CHILDREN