Are you fascinated by martial arts?
What if I told you that by using martial arts, you could defend yourself against anyone bigger, stronger and heavier than you?
At our premier martial arts studio and Ottawa boxing gym, we teach concepts and self defense techniques that will help you overcome your opponent no matter the circumstance.
Read below to find out more about our Brazilian jiu-jitsu classes in specific. But if that doesn’t tickle your fancy – check out other awesome classes we also offer.
HISTORY OF BRAZILIAN JIU-JITSU (BJJ)
Brazilian Jiu-jitsu (also known as BJJ for short), is a martial art and combat sport which focuses on various techniques that will help you take down any opponent you could face. Founded by the Gracie family, the techniques taught are focused on grappling and ground fighting.
Brazilian jiu-jitsu was created using various fundamentals from the merging of Kodokan Judo and Japanese jujitsu. It came to be its own martial art through experiments, practices, and adaptation of judo. It really is a combat sport at its core and has been studied by many mixed martial arts fighters like Kron Gracie and Ryan Hall. Judo separated from older systems of Japanese jujutsu passing on to Brazilian jiu-jitsu not solely a martial art but a sport; a method for promoting physical fitness and building character in young people; and, ultimately, a way (Do) of life.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT TO LEARN
Since Brazilian Jiu-jitsu (BJJ) is martial art combat sport, you’ll learn various techniques that will help you gain leverage against your adversary. A fundamental of BJJ is the concept that any smaller and weaker person can overcome a larger opponent by simply using proper techniques. Its super empowering – come try it out for yourself!
Along with the basics of martial arts that you will learn in class, we will take the time in teaching BJJ specific techniques such as: grappling, ground fighting, joint-locks and chokeholds. Everything you need to take down your assailant or step up your MMA game! These will be taught in environments that will even allow you to spar against other participants if you wish in the class.
THE BENEFITS OF BRAZILIAN JIU-JITSU AND MARTIAL ARTS TRAINING
Did you know there are many benefits to combat fitness physical activity and BJJ in specific? Find them out by reading the list below:
- Instills and reinforces self-discipline
- Helps with concentration and focus
- Increases self-confidence
- Increases ability to defend oneself
- Increases stability (mental and physical)
- Helps clear the mind (de-stress)
- Increases feeling of overall wellness
- Lose weight and/or gain muscle in a fun and interactive class environment
- Increased mental and physical awareness
- Training from a world class athlete and expert
So, what are you waiting for? Sign up today – we’d love to meet you and talk about how we can help you become the martial art fighter you’re looking to be!
SCHEDULE COMING SOON
OTTAWA MARTIAL ARTS & FITNESS CLASSES
Tina Takahashi Martial Arts & Fitness aims to provide the highest quality instruction not only for athletes that have high aspirations but also for beginners that may not hold Olympic type dreams. All levels of experience are most welcome with appropriate programs custom made to suit any fitness or skill level.
TINA TAKAHASHI'S HIGHLIGHTS
- CANADA’S 1ST GOLD MEDAL AT WORLD JUDO COMPETITION
- CANADA’S 1ST WOMEN’S OLYMPIC COACH
- CANADA’S SPORT FEDERATION CERTIFICATE OF RECOGNITION FOR PIONEERING WOMEN’S COMPETITIVE JUDO
- CANADA’S JUDO SPORTS HALL OF FAME, JUDO ONTARIO, OTTAWA AND NEPEAN SPORTS HALL OF FAME MEMBER
- CANADA’S JUDO INSTRUCTOR FOR PRIME MINISTER MULRONEY & PRIME MINISTER TRUDEAU’S CHILDREN