Ottawa Summer Camps
Due to popular demand, our Ottawa summer camps are sold our for the Summer 2020 season. Please inquire about booking for the 2021 Summer Camp season.
Our weekly activities include:
- A variety of quality martial arts sessions with a focus on Judo. Jiu-jitsu (Japanese & Brazilian), Karate, Sambo, Muay thai kickboxing, Taekwondo, Kendo, Sumo Wrestling, Iaido & Jodo included during the week.
- Daily fitness training with gymnastics
- Weekly Music Lesson: five different programs offered.
- Exposure to Japanese language and culture, sushi making, origami etc.
- Weekly events: bowling, museums, beach, magic show, splash pad etc.
- Fun games and drills
- Daily outdoor activity
- Motivational talk and Olympic experience
Your child will learn:
- How to fall safely
- Self-defense techniques
- Anti-bullying skills
- Leadership skills
- Standing and ground fighting techniques
- Discipline, respect and friendship
- Learn from experienced and certified black belts
Your child will benefit from:
- Genuine high level expertise instruction from the Takahashi MacFadyen family who are certified high degree black belts from Judo Canada and Kodokan Institute in Japan. All are national & international champions in several martial arts and NCCP (National Coaching Certified) Level 3 Judo, Level 1 Gymnastics
- Excellent fitness exercises – All body movements for strength, co-ordination, flexibility, cardio and power
- Discipline, respect and friendship developed during the camp
- Competitive tactics for the advanced player interested in competition
- $219 until Feb 15
- $239 until April 8
- $269 after April 8
- Extra camps/family less 10%
Great family & multi-camp discounts
Please contact Tina for daily and half-day rates, before and after care and younger aged campers.
PRIVATE CLASSES AVAILABLE ON REQUEST. AFFORDABLE PACKAGES.
Dates – 2019 Summer Camps
- July 8-12
- July 22-26
- August 12-16
Age: 6 – 16 yrs | Campers will be grouped by age & experience (some flexibility allowed ie. 51/2 year olds)
Hours: 9:00 am – 4 pm (8:15 am to 5:15 pm included) Before/After care available
Location: 1061 Merivale Road, 3rd Floor, (at Kirkwood) Ottawa ON K1Z 6A9
Registration: Please email or mail registration form with payment (cash, cheque, e-transfer).
Contact: Tina Takahashi B.P.E., B.Ed.
Mail/drop off: 1061 Merivale Road, Ottawa K1Z 6A9
Tina Takahashi Martial Arts & Fitness aims to provide the highest quality instruction not only for athletes that have high aspirations but also for beginners that may not hold Olympic type dreams. All levels of experience are most welcome with appropriate programs custom made to suit any fitness or skill level.
TINA TAKAHASHI'S HIGHLIGHTS
- CANADA’S 1ST GOLD MEDAL AT WORLD JUDO COMPETITION
- CANADA’S 1ST WOMEN’S OLYMPIC COACH
- CANADA’S SPORT FEDERATION CERTIFICATE OF RECOGNITION FOR PIONEERING WOMEN’S COMPETITIVE JUDO
- CANADA’S JUDO SPORTS HALL OF FAME, JUDO ONTARIO, OTTAWA AND NEPEAN SPORTS HALL OF FAME MEMBER
- CANADA’S JUDO INSTRUCTOR FOR PRIME MINISTER MULRONEY & PRIME MINISTER TRUDEAU’S CHILDREN